[at-l] Re: Hiking foods for low blood sugar wheat sensitives long

Folks commonly perceive the placebo effect as somehow indicative of
weak character, deception, gullibility or other short coming. The
recent articles regarding placebo effect involved review of 1950's
literature that had problems in current research standards, but really
failed to discredit placebo effect. Often the "placebo effect" is
actually a benefit of hope and confidence building for patients (and
people) that a problem can be surmounted. Often, the "placebo effect"
is simply the effect of tincture of time. Often the "placebo effect" is
something we just do not understand.

I've not commented on this thread as I've seen nothing particularly
dangerous or unwise - just what appears to work for Delita. I think
once she gets more real miles under her belt (literally and
figurtively) she will know more of what she needs beyond her current
planning. I expect it will get more simple. We are getting more
literature suggesting that diet has less vital role when exercise is a
central part of health maintenance. For instance, diabetics and dieters
have much more freedom in food choices if they follow that old advice
for regular strenuous exercise.

We currently have an interesting experiment ongoing with our triple
crown hikers. I am very keen to see if there are yo-yo weight changes
in those who have maintained high calories (the Snicker diet?) along
with high exertion over several months - especially 6 months post hike.

Bill...