[at-l] Year End Summary

I thought I almost lost this year.  But. :)

I did:
a lot of walking (what I needed, to build myself up).
a lot of that walking was hiking in town, mostly on the greenway trails.
also, a lot of day hikes in local state parks.  (There are 5! around here)
and practice hikes.
one (sigh) overnight - which I enjoyed very much.
And! the main constraints that limited me this year are now removed. :)

I feel like I'm stumbling around *trying* to hike.  But when I look back from where
I've come, I've made great progress, and am doing twice what I was *trying* to do a
year ago.  That sounds like progress to me!  I believe I'll settle for that.

And next year... this year starting tomorrow.  I already have plans for 4 hikes,
and I'm ready for them. :)  And have plans to make more plans! LOL

My goal is hiking/walking 2,167 miles in 2002 (sound familiar?), just as a
challenge to myself.  Because what I really need is to get in better shape, lose
weight and get prepared to thru-hike.  For the first time in my life, I had the
thought today that "maybe next year" (2003).  Whew.  And this is the first time
beginning a thru-hike in only 15 months has been a possibility for me.

I am happy. :)  Thanks group, I don't wanna get even more slobberly, but... I
*love* you guys!! :)

Have a glorious new year.
Delita

I don't consider myself to have learned but one thing: forgetting those things
which are behind and reaching out toward those things which are ahead, I press
toward the mark for the prize...

--
Delita Wright
Chapel Hill, NC