[at-l] Re: G 4 packs

Should be perfectly fine. It's a good pack. I have used mine pretty much since Glen came up with the
design.

I use a Mt. Washington pad to provide the "frame" for the pack. I create a cylinder with the pad in
the backpack and shove things inside the cylinder. The sleeping bag I pack loosely in a trash bag at
the bottom of the pack and the pad cylinder rests on top of that.

If you can keep the total weight under 30 pounds you'll be quite comfortable. Keep it below 25 and
you'll be very comfy. Much over 30 and it gets tiring, but then the pack isn't meant to carry heavy
loads.

I've also found it to be a pretty waterproof pack and I don't bother with a pack cover.

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **