[at-l] Re: Re Cameras Say Cheese

If you don't use the LCD all the time batteries last quite a long time. I re-charged mine in town
but I also had a spare set of lithiums with me at all times just in case.

As to memory cards - they're getting cheaper all the time.  If you take a lot of pictures the
processing costs for developing them will mount pretty rapidly and all of a sudden you have just
spent an awful lot of money on processing photos you might not have wanted anyway.

I tend to carry around 384M of flash cards on longer trips. That works out to about 800 photos at
pretty high quality settings. That's quite a lot of pictures.

If I were really concerned about space I'd either get another large memory card or purchase one of
those portable hard drive storage devices like the Digital Wallet (several gig of storage) and
bounce the thing along the trail archiving photos to it as I needed too.

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **