[at-l] Year End Summary

Anyone up for this?  Let's summarize our trail year...

Here's mine:

Miles hiked: (for fun, not for trail work) approx 45 (nearly all on the AT)
Nights out: 5 :>(

Days on trail projects (meetings, project prep, and field work) 55
Miles travelled in Berkshire county (89 AT miles) for above 3482.5

Clearly I need to drive less and hike more!

Things I've learned from this list and applied to my hiking:

Travel light--Nomad, Mountainsmith pack, ridge rest, photon, instead
of Clip Flashlight, Camptrails External, and Thermarest.

Bring less "spare" clothes--No undies, two pairs of sox, sleep shirt
instead of 3 undies, 3 sox, long pants, 2 shirts.  Three years ago in
June, I even packed a pair of blue jeans for a 3 day Mt Washington
traverse.

Eat Better--Jerkey, Trail Mix, Tang, tortillas, powdered beans,
salsa.  Snax for lunch rather than a meal. Instead of Liptons, and
Ramen ad infinitum (and ad nauseum).

Drink Better (and more often)--Platypus & hose instead of Nalgenes
inside the pack.

Hike the trail, not the schedule.

This is a great list, I wish you all the best of 2002.

Cosmo