Re[2]: [at-l] Mish-mash...FireFly

"...I wonder what other non-professionals think about the date feature?"

 I keep the date featured turned off on my camera for all the reasons cited by
 Chase. My wife keeps turning it back on.

 But as time passes and my memory of hike details lessen, I increasing have
 difficulty figuring out when and where some of my nearly 3,000 hike slides were
 taken.

 I had worked out a system with the processor for numbering each roll, but some
 got mixed up in the end of hike confusion.

When I do the trail again, I'll take more pictures of signs and shelter names to
help provide orientation. But I still hate to see a date printed in the corner
of a nice view of the distant mountains framed by a tree trunk and an
overhanging branch, or a giant boulder in the foreground. Nor would a date have
done much for my nicely tree framed turkey vulture soaring high above the
Georgia hills.

Weary