[at-l] finances

>  8. finances: I used a debit card to get cash advances from banks. My
>     bank doesn't charge for this and several banks don't either. Just
>     ask since many charge $5 or $10 bucks for a cash advance. Thus I
>     saved the $1 -$2 ATM fee.

I pointed out to a friend that if you're going to go the ATM route to carry
a back-up ATM card in case the machine eats it.
He didn't listen. The ATM in Waynesboro ate the card, and the bank mailed
it to his home address - two weeks later. With some confusion at home I
don't think he got things under control until Delaware Water Gap. But the
spare card could well be worth the extra 1/4 ounce....

skeeter