[at-l] One week in VT/NH

Plenty of loop hikes in the Pemigewasset area of the Whites mountains.  You
could easily include sections of the AT...

Park at Lincoln Woods on the Kanc.  Head up Franconia Ridge, Garfield Ridge
to Zealand - out the A-Z trail (off the AT) to Crawford Notch, up  the
Crawford Path.  Bumm around up there for a day or so, head back by way of
the Webster Cliff Trail (the AT, again) to Thoreau Falls - and go south and
west (off the AT again) back to the Lincoln Woods parking area.

Plenty of other options, too...  just do the Pemi loop with the Bonds and a
side trip down to Thirteen Falls campsite.  Spend two nights there and climb
Owl's head  as a day hike before continuing.

The AMC White Mountain guide is a great resource for this area.

Plenty of places to stay in Lincoln or N. Woodstock (just off Interstate 93)
at either end of your trip.

I think Mrs. Gorp already covered some good VT options.  Last half of July
and all of August are the best times of the year in NH, too.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99