Re[2]: [at-l] Could we lay off the hut-bashing please?

"...The fact the huts are there is what makes it the most heavily used section."

This is frequently claimed, but I doubt very much if it's true. I have wandered
these mountains for decades, and except for two AMC programs where I stayed for
free and my visits during my thru hike, I've never stayed at the full service
AMC huts.

 The Maine Chapter AMC runs 50 or 60 trips a month in these mountains. Only two
 a year involve use of the huts. The Whites are crowded because they are
 incredibly beautiful mountains with a beautiful trail system within a day's
 travel of 100 million people.

 No one stands at the trail heads to count the number of users and where they
 are going, but I'm pretty sure that less than one in a hundred hikers in the
 Whites ever stay in the huts, probably less than one in a thousand.

 Weary