[at-l] thoughts on various hiking items, etc.

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 11:10:30PM -0500, Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 12/29/2001 10:33:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> spiriteagle99@hotmail.com writes:
>

> > >11.  Maps, data book, Wingfoot book, etc. are not needed, but I like the
> > >data book since it is light and helpful. Other hikers usually have >one if
> > >you have any questions.
> >
> > None of them are indispensable on the AT.
> >

> Not that you can't get by using an outdated version, but it doesn't appear
> the Thru-Hiker Handbook is going to be published yearly anymore (forgetting
> the laspe a couple years ago).  The Data Book and Companion still are updated
> annually, and together (without maps), can get you up the trail as long as
> you pay attention, but you all knew that!  : )
>
> Sly

Where did you hear this?...  Last thing I saw was the message on
trailplace.com that says the 02 handbook will be out Jan 15 02

"The Thru-hiker's Handbook (2002 editions) will be available, northbound edition in late January or early February, southbound in late February or early March, check back here after January 15 for full details about where you can purchase a copy online."

--
Jonathan Hartford				jon@outland.net