[at-l] GARUCK LIST

In a message dated 12/29/2001 3:38:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
orangebug74@yahoo.com writes:

> Here is all that is required to plan a RUCK. Sly and others, please
> listen up! Declare on the list that you have checked out vacancies and
> rates at your favorite spot, or a spot that you have heard of. Let us
> know the date for the <State Abbreviation>RUCK.

Wait a minute OB I've planned more functions then you can imagine.  It does
take a little more than annoucing a place and booking a room for you and your
wife, there are others to consider.   Jan asked about a spot in NC and I
responded with the NOC being, in my opinion, the best venue along the
southern AT to have it.  Not only to they have motel rooms and cabins, they
have a bunkhouse for those without seemingly unlimited funds.  If one wanted
to camp, it's on the trail and there's camping nearby.  They also have a free
communal building with a large kitchen, an outfitter and a restaurant that
stays open year round.

What was "originally" the Southern Ruck, quickly turned into the GA Ruck and
now a start your own state Ruck.

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html