[at-l] GARUCK LIST

I was teasing on the TNRUCK thing. Us Carolinians (or ustabees) never
miss a chance to dismiss our far western counties in the failed state
of Franklin.

You are not as familiar with Cades Cove as you ought to be. Just before
the Cove is Tremont, which has a huge gymnasium/cafeteria, a couple of
dormitories with real beds and showers, a huge gazebo/firecircle/music
place, smaller demonstration gazebos, hot and cold running Rangers and
a very nice ambience. It sounds much easier to reach than the place
near Max Patch, tends to be somewhat protected from weather and is
usually not that busy in winter (more of a summer camp).

And one of our listers - as daRedhead so wisely reminded - has a place
that might be a good consideration - just not as big.

Another thought is closer to Asheville, the old Vanderbilt summer
cottage.

Bill...