Re[2]: [at-l] Unfinished business/Rosie

A few weeks ago the Rosie fund was around $400. I don't remember the exact
amount. A named stewardship fund requires a minimum of $1,500, I believe.
Stewardship funds are invested and only the interest is used for annual
maintenance work on the trail. Contributions can be sent to the MATC Secretary:
(Specify the Maine Rose Fund.)

 Barbara Clark

 Maine Appalachian Trail Club

PO Box 1256

Auburn Maine 04211

Rosie deserves permanent recognition. She was a thru hiker, an avid supporter of
the trail and this list, author and editor of a women's hiking book, and an all
round nice person.

Also the MATC has 600 members and a $135,000 annual budget. We need the money.
This year we were running a multi thousand dollar deficit when I checked in
November.

Send an extra $15 bucks and you can be a member and get five issues of the
Mainetainer, our new tabloid sized newsletter. Sorry, you're too late for my
first issue, which came out a week ago. It was 12 pages of Maine photos and news
about the AT in Maine, including a summary of the Saddleback Wind Power issue.

No. We are not big spenders. The newsprint tabloid format cost only $300 to
print, compared with previous, more conventional editions, which had been
running around $1,200.

If anyone is interested, I'll post the Saddleback material on the list.

Weary