[at-l] GARUCK LIST

ACK! I keep forgetting that new folks keep coming and think this is a
closed club.

The RUCKs are simply gatherings of the usual suspects - hikers in this
case. There are 1.5 major RUCKs. The first is in PA at the Iron
Master's hostel near the midway point of the trail. The Georgia RUCK is
in its second year, trying out the Amicalola Falls State Park during
the MLK weekend. The only people who attend are those who happen to
show up. There are no invitations and everyone is invited. There is no
registration and no registration fee. However, you do have to pay the
innkeeper for your room and any board they provide.

The types of hikers in clude thru hikers, mega thru hikers, section
hikers, wannabes, spouses, kids, very close friends, hanger ons and no
pets. (State park rules). The general idea is social, aid in gear and
trip planning, comparisons of gear, occasional looks at new gear and
techology and the sharing of lies and tall tales.

Actually, your question is a very good general question for the list,
and would normally result in a flood of very useful links to the
webistes dedicated to the RUCKs. Consequently, I'm moving your name to
Blind Copy and editing it out to avoid any potential embarrassment,
none of which you deserve. The only sin to confess is a lasting
addiction to gear and sweat.

Bill...