Re[2]: 2[at-l] "Stoves" and thruhiking --- LONG

I've carried a Zip Stove for 10 or 12 years. I've never carried a saw. Nor have
I ever seen another Zip user with a saw. Though I agree one would be handy, but
not worth the weight. A tiny hatchet would be even more valuable. But I don't
carry one of those either.

 Short pieces of bigger wood is better than twigs, but not so much better that
 it warrants extra weight. I love to come across an area carried by a axe
 yielding trail maintainer -- but those are getting scarcer and scarcer these
 days.

 So I make do with stuff broken by hiker boots and dry branches I can break
 using the leverage of crooks in trees and cracks in the logs of shelters and
 picnic tables.

 Weary