[at-l] dec 18, 1999

 A year ago about right now, I was talking to Groovin' Moose
and Uncle
Johnny (Is that his name? Uncle?) I left the hostel at about
noon and
headed up toNo Business. It would be the last time I'd see
Groovin'
Moose. He ended up staying in Erwin another night. Next time
I saw him
was at the Providence Airport in June. I was pretty much
alone from this
point on. That was alright, as it meant I didn't have to
spend so much
time explaining what I said.

It snowed pretty hard the last 4 or 5 miles. Very windy and
cold. I
stayed at the shelter about 17 miles south of Erwin. (NC
Hilton? Condo?
Something. Bald Mtn.) That is where I met Hooper and Toto. I
had a blast
with those guys that night. Even though I never saw either
of them (they
were in tents upstairs.) I was once again suprised to be
crossing paths
with northbounders. It got very cold and snowy that night. I
think the
snow seemed worse than it was, though.

--
Felix Navidad