[at-l] Whither went the NPS?

No this is the result of the suit by the Indian tribes against the
Department of Interior. They Clinton administration was stonewalling the
judges demands for documentation about the payout of royaties to the
tribes. This is for things like natural gas and oil taken from the
reservations. The defense team, with the permission of the court, hired
a security company to test the security of access to the Indian Trust
Fund via the internet. They essentially found that there was no security
and so the judge ordered internet access cut off from any computer with
access to the Trust Fund. The blockheads at Interior then cut off all
internet and email access to all Interior department computers.
Obviously the park service or the Geologic Survey earthquake reporting
servers are not tied into the Trust fund but they just pulled the plug
on everything.

The judge has been threatening to jail governement drones and they are
running scared apparently. His patience has been exhuasted by things
such as claims that they couldn't produce the documentation because
someone had spotted a rat in the same room and therefore the documents
were now biohazards! I'm not kidding that was one excuse.

Bryan