[at-l] Question of Cost

Welcome.

You might see a dusting of snow or sleet that late, but if you prepare
for simply some freezing  weather and rain, you should do fine. You
might be able to dump your cold weather gear by Hot Springs, NC rather
than further north with the schedule you mention. I have no experience
with the Whites, so your guess will beat mine.

The money thing has a lot to do with what you mean by a budget. If
$4500 is all you have for gear and trip expenses, I suspect you can do
it if you stay focused and tight on your expenses. If you already have
gear and transportation in hand, you may live the life of Riley.

Your prior 4-5 day hike experience will serve you well. At least to
this sectioner, it appears that the AT is simply a series of 3-7 day
hikes. In your trip planning, consider attending one of the RUCKs this
next month in GA or PA, or possibly one in FLA in Feb.

Bill...