[at-l] Food weight

Depends on what your gender is and what type of weight you anticipate
losing. Women probably lose less weight which some suspect is related
to gender specific differences in metabolism, better nutrition and
absense of testosterone poisoning. You are likely to go into a negative
calorie balance and lose weight - hopefully mostly in lipids (fat). It
is possible to lose protein as well as bone weight from inadequate
nutrition and injury. It is also possible that the negative calorie
balance and injury may set a hiker up for extreme Yo-yo weight changes,
much like agressive and restrictive city diets.

I think that we have a debt of gratitude to pay to our Triple Crown
Winner who has a very clear and probably correct theory of nutrition
for long distance hiking, at least as far as men and speed walking
proceeds. His original posts sounded rather fantastic about his diet
plans, and now are proven to be quite prescient. I am very keen to
learn how his weight stabilizes over 6 months post hike.

Bill...