[at-l] Food weight

Hi

I've been wondering about the metabolism thing too.
I want to know about your hard-boiled eggs. My metabolism demands protein
and plenty of it!

So, the incredible edible egg seems like a good idea to me, in its own
little hard-boiled package. Cheap, high quality protein.

I have seen some hostels with stoves. But what did you do on a regular basis
to boil your eggs - did you burn stove fuel, or find a place in motels,
or...?

By the way, I know a couple of women who lost alot of weight on their thru
and stopped functioning for awhile in a womanly fashion, if you know what I
mean. Kind if like marathon runners. So, it can happen to women.

Didn't Ready file a report in her journal: "Help! I've lost my breasts?"
Another woman, Grace Winters, author of "Walking Home," confessed to eating
a whole stick of butter on the spot!

I am hoping that carrying plenty of fats in the form of oils and cheese will
help keep the hipbones padded.
 And butter in the cooler months. I tried some clarified butter (ghee) this
summer, and that seemed to work well, keeping for at least a week. It was
easy to make, just melt the butter stick and decant the golden liquid into a
little plastic REI "pot," toss the white milk solids.

I also thought that every occasional hostel kitchen I came upon, I could
cook up a pound of bacon and crumble it. It should last a week in a ziplock
and add some flavor for very little weight.

But I want to know more about the egg thing.