[at-l] Pot Cozy Glue and pads

	Look for "exercise pads" at your local Mart of -K or -Wall.
I'd recommend a waterbased contact cement which can also be found at
the same store or your favorite small, local hardware store.  Read
the directions, both surfaces to be glued must be coated with the
cement, and the pieces joined *after* the cement has dried  Back up
the glued seam with duct tape or packing tape inside and out.
	If you have a good eye and steady hand, make a "scarf joint"
to butt the ends of the piece together:  Cut diagonally through the
thickness of the foam at each end of the piece you will make the
sides of the cozy of, so you have lots of surface area to put glue
on.  This is advanced foamcraft, don't try it unless you have a piece
to spare.

	Also I'd recommend a bottom to the Cozy as well--a disk of
foam cut to fit inside or beneath the circumferential (cylindrical)
piece of foam.  Again, reinforce the seam with duct tape or packing
tape.  Make sure pot bottom is not so hot it melts the foam--give the
pot a minute to cool after taking it off the stove...

	I also 2nd (or 3rd) the idea of a small piece of foam (9" x
12") to sit on during breaks and meals.  Especially in the winter or
wet season.  I use one of those garden kneeling pads.  I started by
bringing it to trail work sessions so I could carry heavy timbers on
my shoulders with less pain, now it's rare that I hike w/o it.

Still waiting for snow that will stay on the ground more than a week,

Cosmo

"The Trail is long enough to contain it's own opposites."
Bob Proudman, NERMA 2001