[at-l] animals on the trail

Back at work, I hope everyone had some wonderful holidays...
Now I'm busy wading through masses of digests, don't you take vacations???
Anyway, if I'm not too late on the "animals thread"...

Only a raven....

How could it have been overcast all the way through the 100 Mile
Wilderness? There must have been some sun in there, but it sure doesn't
seem that way. Rolled into Abol Bridge to find out that they run a TV off
the generator and we could actually catch the weather report. There was
going to be a 10 or 12 hour break between weather fronts, just enought time
to climb Katahdin. The evening was spent at Daicy Pond listening to rain
patter on the roof of the shelter, but sunrise brought blue skies and
sunshine...
Now I don't know a lot about Native American mythology, but the raven seens
to be my "totem" (could it also be because the raven is also known as the
"Trickster"???) ...
The sunshine lasted for the climb and two hours enjoying the summit, when
the first fringes of the next front blew in and wafted around the summit...
and riding the currents in the mist was a raven.... it was too much like
magic...
He seemed to be bringing the message that it was time to leave, and it was
good to listen. We made the jungle gym descent of Hunt Spur, and as soon as
we broke treeline it started raining....

skeeter