[at-l] Heel Spurs.

Yes - recuperation is the best solution!

I didn't mention surgery in my *tale of two spurs* because if you just in
the last few weeks or months noticed the pain, you don't have to go there.

I did go there - for one foot.  And - while I was off my one *foot* and
taking the ibuprofen, the other one healed also.

Like I said - 99.44% of the time, the pain is from the inflammation, not
from any actual pressure the extra bone causes.  Believe it or not, I
don't make this stuff up! LOL

Any podiatrist will give other methods a try before even thinking about
surgery (or should).  This will include cortisone shots, if necessary.
But seriously if you get the rest, anti-inflammatories and orthotics
(inserts) you need, you probably won't even need the shots, much less
surgery.

Gary, wonder why you are seeing an orthopedics guy instead of a
podiatrist?  After my 7 years with heel spurs, I'm convinced it was the
time in a cast/boot, off my feet, recovering, taking the vit-I that did
more good even than the surgery on one foot.  And any podiatrist knows
most don't need surgery.  If you find your ortho guy is inclined to go
straight to surgery, find a podiatrist. ;-)  I'm convinced now that 3
months in a boot with vit-I would probably do it without the surgery in
almost all cases.

BTW, I asked my guy how many people don't have the problem come back after
the surgery.  He said, "the ones who take their ibuprofen for the whole 3
months."  I suspect resting my feet during that time didn't hurt.

Happy Christmas!
Delita

--
Delita Wright