[at-l] Heel Spurs.

I have ben reading the list concerning heel spurs.   I would like to
make a suggestion.

About 12 years ago I went to a foot doctor ( podiatrist) and he
discovered them.  He then he recommended that I have inserts made, they
mold them to your foot, instead of surgery.  I had him do this and
placed the heel inserts into my shoes and started using them.  The pain
ws gone in only a few days and I wore them for about 3 months.  They
feel fine and you hardly notice them.

The doctor said they were no fixing the problem but removing the cause.
i have not had any problems since and they were very bad on both heels.
I have has some friends that had the operation and now have the spurs
again.

I would recommend checking this method out before trying the operation.
The inserts are not cheap, I believe around $180, but still cheaper than
the operation.

Just for what it is worth.

Cherokee Tom