[at-l] Three years ago today...

>Felix,
>
>Three years ago today, we were at home and were worrying about your safety
>as
>you approached the Smokies and the weather was turning foul.  I suggested,
>if
>the weather was too severe, you could always skip the Smokies and still be
>2000-miler as you hiked those miles previously.  Kahley said no way, not
>Felix, he's too driven (and a purist at that) and will keep on going.  She
>was right and happily you're still here to tell us about it.
>
>I remember your posts about coming out of Mnt. Momas heading into the
>Smokies.  Snap, crackle, pop!
>
>Sly

You guys were worryied about ME??? Come on, Sly. You guys weren't worried
about me. You didn't even know I was out there. And, besides...I was having
the best damned time of my life on the best damned thru-hike there ever was.
It's that simple. And, I truly believe that if a big ol' ice-covered tree
top had come down on me as I climbed into the Smokys, it would have been the
best way imaginable to 'go'. Me, in the park I love, on the Trail I feel to
be part of my soul...what better way. Beats the hell out of a heartattack at
a desk in a cubicle in Wilmington, Delaware, don't it? Anyway...

Three years ago about right now...I was getting close to Tricorner Knob
Shelter. Another day in which it rained every second. The good thing about
that? It meant plenty of water for the f*$king river that runs through the
shelter there. (Did I tell you I'm still in that cussin' stage?) So, I got
to the shelter a little after dark and spent a nice Christmas Eve by myself.
I had a good time. I also have, somewhere, a copy of my register entry from
that night. I'll send it to you when I get home...if you want. It was a good
one...I think...I can't read my own righting. It got cold through the night
and...well, that would be three years ago tomorrow, now wouldn't it.

I'm currently waiting for Jennette (trailname: Oscar...get it? Felix and
oscar) to get home from work so we can go do something you Christians do
around this thyme of year. I don't know what it is yet. Felix Navidad,
everybody.