[at-l] Seriously planning to HIKE! (clothes)

And the verdict is - Max Patch to Hot Springs.  It has these
advantages.

It's in NC.
It's the *right* distance (right at 20 miles).
It's ups aren't too extreme.
It has hostel and shuttle capabilities in place.

I realize other places also may match or beat this list, but I
have to move on now...

I did six miles walking today and also over 3 hours of
shopping walking.  I figured I better be able to do the miles
in this one-hill town *before* I go if I expect to do
mountains carrying my *house.*

My son is loaning me his Army modular  sleeping bag,
thermarest, and a tent, and either I will borrow his canister
stove or buy another one.  I went today to the Wal-Mart, and
Marshalls, and Dick's sporting goods and got my clothes.  All
are new but the undies and my old fleece pullover.  (I'd get a
new, fluffier
one, maybe with a hood, but - you know - the budget. :)

Polyester hydro-something longsleeved lightweight shirt
Nylon pants.
Fleece pants.
Polyurethane coated nylon windbreaker with hood (for rain or
drips)
very lightweight balaclava
lightweight acrylic toboggan
lightweight fleece gloves
nylon belly pack

Already have:
undies
thor-lo socks (various kinds)
old fleece pullover shirt
choice of borrowed fleece or down vests :)
boots - although if I knew it would stay dry, I'd wear my New
Balance 804s

I'll probably also sneak in:
Silk long-sleeved shirt and pants (retired) but wonderful
after a hankie-bath at night, and wonderful under clothes in
the daytime as a wind blocker
Pair 'o tights (can't find heavy ones handy in my *queen*
size, but any will help
My old standard poly windbreaker that I use on almost every
hike - light and blocks the wind, breathes wonderfully but not

for real rain.
brimmed cap
maybe extra pair leather (not expensive, but lined, gloves)

Also, for emergency warmth(?):
disposable plastic rain suit
space blanket or two
plastic bags

Haven't gotten very far on the food yet (no wheat, low sugar,
extra protein), but feel good about the clothes.  When I put
them all on inside I baked!  Yet, they are light and move with
me and don't feel too bulky, pack fits fine, etc.

Oh - I also picked up a small nylon belly pack for essentials.

How am I doing?

All critiques, tips suggestions, hints, caveats greatly
appreciated.  I saved and will go over again all the winter
hiking posts.

Thanks,
Delita

--