[at-l] Alcohol stove revisited

I added a bail to my grease pot. I drilled a hole near the top on either side and
fabricated connectors out of an old tent cord tensioners (bent to shape with
pliers). I attached them through the drilled holes to the greasepot with small
threaded bolts (with a dab of superglue to hold the nuts) and threaded a section
of anodized coat hanger wire through the two connectors, with the ends of the
coat hanger bent around neatly (more or less). I crimped a "hold" in the
connectors so that the bail would remain upright if I wanted it to.

I also filed a channel through the rolled lip of the greasepot with my moto-tool
so those last few drips could get out.

Finally, I replaced the knob on the top to the pot with a much lighter one I
found in my junk drawer.

- Gary from Fairfax

> ... Thanks to those who suggested Walmart greasepot.  I
> (after asking for help) found it, not with pots n pans, but with the kitchen
> tool/utensil section.  Your price was right on too ($6.92+tax).  And soo
> lightweight.  My question is, will most potlifters fit this pot??
>
> Thanks again,
> Teresa
>
> "Procrastination is a dream-killer."

You got THAT right!