[at-l] Re: Hiking Pants

In warmer weather I wear a pretty basic pair of convertible pants. I've worn (and worn out) REI and
Ex Officio. The lighter weight RailRiders might interest me (not the one on your list - too heavy).

For cooler weather - say where highs won't get much above 55 - and it's typically cooler than that
with good chances for rain I start to move to a heavier pant like my Ibex Guide pants
<www.ibexwear.com> or maybe just a straight Schoeller Dynamic fabric pant say like my Cloudveil
pair. The latter are better when it's warmer; the former for cooler weather. The Ibex pants are also
Schoeller Dynamic on the outside, but have a thin lining of merino wool on the inside. Lovely. The
fabric is quite water repellent and very abrasion resistent.

Finally, for winter use I'll either wear the Ibex pants mentioned above or Schoeller Dryskin (or
Dryskin Extreme when I buy a pair). The latter are tougher and more weather-proof.

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **