[at-l] No longer a plesant experience!

I have been on and off this list since sometime in '96 when my wife and I
were planning to hike part of the AT to celebrate the 20'th  anniversary of
our thru-hike. Over that time it has ebbed and flowed through numerous
threads. Many highly trail related and others boarding on the bizarre.

We've had plenty of arguments, fights, bruised egos, temper tantrums, and
wild accusations and occasionally the conversations have severally strained
the bonds of civil discourse. Still, we were able to move beyond our petty
disagreements and return to the topic of this list.

A few months ago, I removed myself from this list because I felt the
irritation of discuss was distracting me from work I needed to do. I'd
returned with the hope that things have settled somewhat. However, that
doesn't seem to be the case.

Occasionally I get ask about resources for information about the different
trails. In the past I've always been happy to recommend this list. It can be
and has been and excellent one. I'm grateful for the efforts or Milt and
Ryan to make this happen. However, if ask today, I'd recommend looking
elsewhere for information about the AT and that troubles me.

So I'm leaving again. For how long, I don't know. A number of you know that
I've been working on designs for an ultralight tent that will come to market
in a few months. When it's available, I'll let

other members this list know so if you're planning a thru-hike this next
season, you'll have additional options for shelter.

I'm off now to finish my tent and prepare for next summers CDT thru-hike.

I bid you the Season's Peace.

-Fallingwater