[at-l] Gear List For January AT Hike

If the water is steaming or too hot to comfortably hold - like
McDonald's coffee - it is too hot. 90-110 degrees is just fine or near
body temperature. The idea is to be able to drink and absorb it pretty
quickly, without getting overly agressive.

Those inside pockets are the perfect places for small Nalgenes,
Platypuses, soda bottles and the like. If you are wearing a back pack,
there is space between the shoulder straps, your shell and your belt to
carry water without the inside pocket (for those using just a Marmot
Precip or a Frogg Togg). There is no reason to bring bladder tubing in
freezing weather, unless you believe in gravity filters.

Bill...