[at-l] Animals on the trail

Coolest animal on the AT:  Well, moose normally wouldn't qualify
(ubiquitous) but when one walks over you, you get kind of a neat
perspective.  :-)  See
http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/september1.html#27 for complete
details.  Did see martin, porcupine, deer, a little yearling bear too far
away to really be seen all that well, and snakes.  I did like the ribbon
snake sighting with the obvious bulge in the snake
(http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/at99photos/0804stuffedsnake.JPG).
:-)  But the rattlers were cool, too.

Off the AT:  probably, the rhinos in the Terrai (Nepal) (too close when we
saw them on foot), the crocs, and the mongoose, too.

What I want to see on the AT:  Fisher, bobcat (missed it by a minute), and
maybe a better bear sighting.

In Nepal, I never saw it but did hear a tiger breathing while it was
stalking deer (another too close moment).  Read about the kitties at
http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/reports.html.

Mara
Stitches, GAME99