Second Amendment an anachronism? Re: [at-l] Automatic Weapons

oh, PLEASE!!!   give me a break.   Any person who believes this is not only
naive, but, silly as well.  I'm not going to say what I really think.
granted the threat of a terrorist regime using nuclear or biological warfare
to commit mass murder makes shooting the guy a little useless.  But, I'd
argue any time,  that society is much more dangerous now than 200 yrs ago.
just imagine the increase in crime that would result if the 2nd amendment
was repealed.  It also makes no sense to repeal a law that has work so well
up to now.    which is all beside the point.    the 2nd amendment was
precisely passed to protect us from our OWN gov't going astray.  The
constitution is  full of checks & balances like these that insure any one
branch does not have too much power.

btw, every deer I kill gets eaten.  It's better for you and a whole lot
cheaper than beef.  (however, there is nothing like a 20 oz t-bone!)   Any
excess meat that I have I give to the local feed-the-hungry charities.
those people can't afford  to go to the grocery store.  these charities have
told me that they can't get enough deer meat, and, appreciate every bit I
can give.  They'd even pay to have it processed if I wanted.  (I wouldn't do
that to them).   I've never heard of a single grocery store chain in this
area that donates food to these places.    They need food much more than
money.

this is my last post on this subject.   It's not trail related and will go
on forever if not checked.  I have very strong beliefs in this area and will
fight politically to preserve our bill of rights!

t.