OT...Re3: [at-l] Gun story/MachineGuns

kahley wrote:
>At 09:17 AM 12/20/01 -0500, Snodrog5@aol.com wrote:
>>Were there any further threats mades? Were the actual
>>contents of the first threat from the machinegunners ever made public?
>>TJ
>
>I'd be interested in that info too, but s'cuse me if the events
>of this week have brought out the cynic in me .  Was it
>ever established that the email existed?
>
>An alternate scenario:
>Million Mom plans a protest but finds there aren't a lot of people
>planning on attending.  Instead of just cancelling, the claim they
>got a nasty email and blame that as the reason for cancelling.
>
>I'd bet money on this.  Not a lot of money but I would bet.
>If I was passionate about something, one email which contained
>no threats against my life but was laced with obscenities would
>not keep me from going.  I would leave the kids home but then
>again, I wouldn't take my kids to any protest in any case.
>One nasty note would not keep me away....nope.
>
>I think the thing was a washout and the organizers either claimed
>a nasty email or used a nasty email as an excuse for lack of support.
>
>I have no facts supporting my theory.

Sure you do, Kahley - Just remember the original Million Mom March - it was
a bust, too.  I wasn't here for it - but my daughter told me about it and as
a "demonstration", it was a laughing-stock.  Since Sept 11, the gun control
groups have lost a lot of support - where's the surprise that it would be a
washout?

Ya ever wonder who originated that email?  Let's see - anyone here remember
"Vince"?  I know - that was on atml - but at the time we were ALL there,
weren't we.  And then there were more recent manifestations of
self-generated, alternate-ego, issue-oriented abusive posts, weren't there?
And not just on atml.  Remember BJ?  It's not an uncommon practice among the
unscrupulous.

Walk softly,
Jim