[at-l] Gun story/MachineGuns

> > Try reading a little more closely the text at the link
> > you had posted. No such threat was made. It was a *single*
> > anonymous e-mail "laced with obscenities" that they claim
> > led them to reconsider the wisdom of protesting a popular
> > event in a small, second district town.

> > How fortuitous for them that they were able to have a
> > sympathetic account of the event printed in the local
> > newspaper.

> It was rather odd the New Republic would post a story from
> the Bangor Daily News!

Why? The New Republic is known for its sympathy toward gun
control.

>                        But, as you know MF, that one story
> was a one day snapshot from a month long news story.

It was? That's news to me, and I work in the Bangor area. There
are only two stories in the Bangor Daily News archive relating
to the incident: the article you posted and another one about
the shoot -- both stories appeared about a week apart. I suppose
you're right, though, because two months later the "story" was
kept alive when the Hiram Maxim Historical Society sued the
Million Mom March for defamation:

http://www.iansa.org/news/2001/sep_01/maine_gun.htm

It's not is though the Million Mom March was a particularly
ethical or honest organization:

http://www.alamanceind.com/newfol~2/nation_58.html
http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=1953
http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=2017
http://www.alamanceind.com/nation/nation_28.html
http://www.2asisters.org/aim/math.htm

> Were there any further threats mades? Were the actual contents
> of the first threat from the machinegunners ever made public?

If you have any evidence, please post it.

-MF