[at-l] (no subject)seamsealing

Ron

Seal all the seamsa on your tent fly, dont' assume because they might be
"factory sealed" that they'll keep the water out - factory sealed seams are
only good to go if you're a gamblin' man.

Sealing boots doesn't accomplish much - read OB's comments.
If you're using all leather or some type of leather other than nubuck, you
should treat the leather with a good boot oil or wax(per Gary).  This is to
preserve the leather and your investment, and it also adds some degree of
waterproofing.  I have a pair of leather uppers for winter pack boots that
I've had resoled twice - they're 20 years old.  I slather SnoSeal on them
every year and they're as soft as a baby's behind.

Ron