[at-l] OT - LOTR

>         Even the things they did wrong worked pretty well, no clumsy
> ad-in scenes to bitch about.

	Mmm, I could have done with less of the wizard duel stuff, especially
during the mountain crossing, and the 'dwarf toss' bit was uncalled for,
and what the heck was that 'pin Aragorn to a tree with a shield'
nonsense? But besides that...

>  ...........with female characters really not getting the
> attention
> deserved........

	Orange Bug, I assume you are familiar with the books. There was more
attention paid to female characters in the movie than in the book.

>         I was extremely disappointed with the substitution of Arwen for
> Legolas in the flight to Rivendel.  Arwen is, without doubt one
> of the
> coolest chicks ever to walk, but she does not belong in that
> scene.
> (the subsequent wraith chase and river crossing were also made
> wrong)
> (why not introduce Legolas at the right time, race to the river,
> and
> battle the wraiths the right way?????)

	Um, that wasn't Legolas. It was another elf, who remained in Rivendell.
(I can't look up his name at the moment since the books are in the
bedroom with Peggy, and she's asleep...)

>         Exactly right.  It ended just exactly like it should have.
>
> -r

	Yep. There I agree.

	Ron
--