[at-l] Gun story/MachineGuns

Snodrog5 wrote:

> > I'll add this: In Dover Foxcroft Maine, the Hiram Maxim
> > Historical Society holds an annual Machine Gun Festival
> > and Shoot. Last year the local Million Mom March chapter
> > attempted a protest, but backed down after receiving
> > threats.
>
> Yeah well, perhaps some enterprising soul decided that "you
> gotta do what you gotta do."
>
> No doubt, MF, no doubt. Some enterprising soul decided
> sometimes you just haveta threaten to machinegun a few
> mothers and children to prove you're a responsible gun
> owner.

Try reading a little more closely the text at the link
you had posted. No such threat was made. It was a *single*
anonymous e-mail "laced with obscenities" that they claim
led them to reconsider the wisdom of protesting a popular
event in a small, second district town.

How fortuitous for them that they were able to have a
sympathetic account of the event printed in the local
newspaper.

-MF