[at-l] ends jusfifying the means????

Snodrog5 wrote:

> > > Good for them! You gotta do what you gotta do.
> > > But unfortunatly, getting caught will supply the right
> > > wing anti-wilderness loonys with plenty of talk-show fuel.

> > Either you're joking or you're advocating lying, cheating
> > and stealing. I know what I'd like to believe - but why
> > don't you tell me which it really is?

> > If what someone's "gotta do" is to falsify evidence to support
> > what they believe, then what they believe isn't worth believing.

> Considering what pro-wilderness advocates are up against,
> I'm for any tactic short of violence. (ELF and EarthFirst!
> do things I do not support.) You are aware that there are
> people on 'the other side' who are inside the system twisting
> 'research' too? Neither side is doing Science. Science should
> be investigation to discover unknowns. What's going on today,
> in this context, is no more than attempts to gather 'evidence'
> to give credence to preconceived political positions.

Bravo, Snodrog! Deny objectivity -- that the truth can be
discovered -- and you reduce the issue to one of simple power
politics in which the side with the greater "will to power"
shall prevail. The spirit of Saul Alinsky is no doubt smiling
up at you. And to think that you couldn't answer the riddle
of welfare.

Of course, by taking this position you simultaneously legitimize
the practice of "shoot, shovel and shut up" by your opponents.

-MF