[at-l] Esbit and Bic

We used one half of one Bic lighter on our 2000 Thru-hike.  If we do the =
PCT we plan to use the other half.  We used Trioxane Fuel Bars (1/3 oz. =
each and one per two person meal) purchased from www.CheaperThanDirt.com =
 The Trioxane lights instantly when hit by the flame so the lighter was =
lit for only a millisecond.  We saw many having difficulty lighting the =
Esbit brand tablets, but we never at any temperature had problems with =
either the Bic or the Trioxane.  Do not try to blow out the Trioxane as =
it will spew liquid and fire in your face. Also the Trioxane drips and =
will burn a spot beneath the stove.=20
Gary and Millie Buffington
GA>MA 2000  Our story is available at www.800WeSweat.com with over 400 =
pictures.