[at-l] Esbit stoves in winter

I used an Esbit stove for my entire thru-hike last
year, including the final month where the temps ranged
from 8 below zero all the way up to the mid-40s. I
never had a problem with the Esbit fuel tabs working.
Just be sure you have a good windscreen. I used the
windscreen that came with my Whisperlite, but heavy
aluminum foil would work just as well.

I did have a problem with the lighter fluid in my
lighter freezing, however. So be sure you bring
back-up matches if you're expecting super-cold
weather.

Nina
"Waterfall"
ME-GA 2000

=====
The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself. --Henry Miller

Visit my ME-GA 2000 thru-hike updates at http://www.gorp.com/gorp/activity/hiking/thruhike/nina/ninab_archive.htm.