[at-l] Lister Bio

Name:         Thomas Edward McGinnis
Trail Name:       Sloetoe
Home:             Indianapolis, Indiana; grew up in Connecticut.
AT proximity:     Davenport Gap, GSMNP is a mere 420 miles...
                  Rutland, VT a cool 1000 miles....
Born:             Bethpage, Long Island, New Yawk. First
memories
                  are of family camping along the Kancamagus Hwy
                  in NH Whites; duck tent, campfire cooking,
                  bathing *in* the Swift River, etc. Campcraft!
Age:              42, nearly. Wondering if I'm nearing all the
                  answers... definitely forgot the question.
Marital Status:   Once upon a time.
Kids:             Two of the best, age 7.75 yrs.
Education:        BS, Socio-Political Environmental Studies,
1983
                  MS, Public Policy Analysis, 1985
                  various business, econ, public policy, 86-91?
Occupation:       economist in electric utility regulation.
Interests:        Smallboys(c), hiking, running, muuuusic, beer,
                  Szechuan, and various combinations e.g. trail
                  maintenance, hashing, jam bands,
ultramarathons
Car I want:       Subaru rallymobile. But with a hatchback.
Motorcycle I want: 1974 BMW R90/6, vin 046930500.
Last book read:   Tao Te Ching; Tao Reader; Beyond Backpacking;
                  picked up (and got bored with) Clancy's Bear &
                  Dragon just before Sept. 11, haven't picked it
                  back up.
Magazine Rack:    Trail Running (zzzzz); UltraRunning
(Ultrazzzz)
Favorite soft
     beverage:    "water, no ice"; Vernor's when available.
Favorite hard
     beverage:    cold: blackberry wine; butterschnops
                  cool: full-bodied beerage, Irish whiskey
                  warm: fuller-bodied, non-'ice' domestic beers
                  hot:  any pee-water beer w/good finish
Favorite food:    Yes. Partial to anything with bite
Favorite ice cream: Moose Tracks
First real AT reference: Tommy Chern (Thomas J. Cherniavsky),
                  who told me I'd not really backpacked until
                  I'd done some on the Connecticut AT. Trail
                  crossed the Housatonic Valley through which
                  I'd swum, rafted, canoed, crashed into rocks,
                  fly-fished, stocked fish, and out of which I'd
                  picked old tires and Mercedes Benz bench
seats.
First time on the AT: February, 1977, Macedonia Brook State Park
                  to Mohawk Mtn/US4. Nailed on day two by a
                  sticky 10" sneauxphall that covered all the
                  trees all the way 'round in white, at night,
                  on St. Johns' Ledges...
First (real) multiple day
backpack of the AT: Macedonia Brook State Park to Mohawk
                  Mtn/US4; April, 1977. Much better outcome;
much
                  less court time.
Portions of AT covered: CT; a bunch. MA-CT; Sept.'78; GA-ME'79;
                  NH Whites'Oct.'92; GA'94; GSMNP/Davenport Gap
                  area '95-97; Davenport Gap-Hot Springs '98;
                  Northern LT (Hey, it connects)'00; GSMNP
                  (Davenport to Newfound) HATT'00; GSMNP
                  (Fontana to Davenport) ThnxG, '00; Southern LT
                  (Hey, it *holds* the AT) '01. Pretty much it.

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!