[at-l] Out of the bushes....

Hi Folks!

For the last year I've been lurking on this list, thinking about and then actually backpacking.  I dayhiked when I was younger, a cheap date which reveals character and/or a lot of fun with a group of friends.  However, I was diverted by career, marriage, building a house, and raising kids.  Since those "activities" are basically completed, I am now able to spend much more time outdoors.

I want to thank you all for the wisdom you've shared on every major hiking topic.  That wisdom, as well as pursuing almost every backpacking link on the Net, enabled me to begin as a "medium-light" hiker, with an authentic TinCanStoveMan stove, a Nomad tent, etc.  As a result, I was able to prepare properly and enjoyably hike the lower portion of the Long Trail/Appalachian Trail in Vermont in early September.

There have been a few threads in which I'd enjoy contributing my meager experience so I've decided to come out of the bushes and join the campfire.  Thanks again for all your help!

Richard
(ATsomeday?)

--

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup