[at-l] Deer hunting on the trail. & guns

> NRA. Yes, you youngsters many elementary schools used to have classes in
gun
> safety taught by the NRA. Our shooting range was the softball field beside
> the school (1st BB guns then single shot rifles, 22 short)

And in high school you could earn a varsity letter for being on the rifle
team.  The federal government provided some or all of the ammunition
(surplus through the Army ?).  Can you imagine those misguided politically
correct watchdogs whom I call "the screech owls" allowing that to happen
today?

Our grandchildren are poorer - and certainly no wiser - without the
opportunity I once had.

Al (Draggin' Anchor)