[at-l] hunting

Well I divide law-breakers generally in three groups, the first are
people like this idiot who do something criminal without intent to break
the law. Most of these people will never commit another major crime and
there is just no reason to lock them up for a long time. You won't
prevent them from committing another crime because they won't do that
anyway. All you do is take a productive but careless person and ruin
them. You won't encourage others not to do the same because the fellow
did it in a flash of carelessness. I think having him go around to do
talks to other gun owners would be successful in that regard. I mean who
hasn't done something stupid and thoughtless like running a stop sign.
Just imagine that you run a stop sign and plow into a mother pushing a
baby carriage. Its just as stupid as the hunter but I don't think you
would think that they should put you in prison for that.

Now the second group are people who intentionally break the law but who
are not career criminals, they should spend some time in the crossbar
motel to show them that society will not put up with their shenagans.

The last group, people who have committed several major crimes should be
locked up and the key thrown away. I don't think prison 'rehabilitates'
anyone, it just keeps them away from the rest of us.

Bryan