[at-l] recipes wanted

"Rami" writes:
> On Thursday, December 13, 2001 7:40 PM, Pat asked:
> Does anybody have any recipes for good ethnic food that can be
> cooked on the trail? David Addleton, are you out there?...
>

> Ok, I can't take credit for this, but I don't think the
> originator is on
> this list so I'll pass it along.
> Sloetoe has tasted it and can vouch for it's tastiness (I think)
>
> You need:
> 1. A package of small (6-8 inch diameter) flour tortillas
> 2. A suitable amount of shredded mozzarella cheese (you could
> just bring
> a chunk of mozza and shred it yer-own-dam-self if you so chose)
> 3. A box of "fantastic foods 'spinach parmesan humus'" available
> at most
> grocery stores or at http://www.fantasticfoods.com/
> 4. Optional - small quantity of olive oil

A variation of this is using the Fantastic Foods refried beans mix
instead of the humus.  I add some corn and green peppers to the
water before boiling.  Add the cheese and some rehydrated salsa or
hot sauce to top it off.

If you have a lid for your pot, put the tortillas on top
while the water is boiling and they will be nice and warm by the
time the beans are ready.