[at-l] recipes wanted

On Thursday, December 13, 2001 7:40 PM, Pat asked:
Does anybody have any recipes for good ethnic food that can be
cooked on the trail? David Addleton, are you out there?...

Ok, I can't take credit for this, but I don't think the
originator is on
this list so I'll pass it along.
Sloetoe has tasted it and can vouch for it's tastiness (I think)

You need:
1. A package of small (6-8 inch diameter) flour tortillas
2. A suitable amount of shredded mozzarella cheese (you could
just bring
a chunk of mozza and shred it yer-own-dam-self if you so chose)
3. A box of "fantastic foods 'spinach parmesan humus'" available
at most
grocery stores or at http://www.fantasticfoods.com/
4. Optional - small quantity of olive oil

-> Mix the humus in a (ziploc) per instructions on box.
-> Start your stove, put your big pot (the one that's the same
size as
the tortilla) on top, add a bit of olive oil, and place a
tortilla in.
-> Smear the humus on the tortilla (as thick as you like, but I
prefer
about 3 mm. Thick)
-> Sprinkle the mozza on top to desired thickness.
-> Put the lid on your pot and heat until cheese is melted.

Caution, if your stove is one of the two speed models, (high and
off)
you will need to watch the bottom of your tortilla closely to
prevent
burnage.  If you have the deluxe stove, set it to med-low and
relax.

Re-seal the ziploc with the humus for later use.