[at-l] redux: Carrying Denatured Alcohol

Just talked to my backpacking/Ph.D. chemist former boss regarding carrying denatured alcohol.  He ways that you want to carry denatured alcohol in POLYETHELENE. (Nalgene is polyethelene, for instance).  The clear plastics are not polyethelene and denatured alcohol will eventually soften and eat through them.  That's why Rick dug that container (polyethelene) out of the trash for me.

If you turn a container over, it should identify the kind of plastic it is for recycling purposes.  (That's what he said; I haven't check it out yet.)

The things I'm learning,
Joan
bluetrail@aol.com