[at-l] porta-johns

In a message dated 12/12/2001 4:52:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tjfort@netdoor.com writes:

> I've just recently built a barn on my farm.   It has running water, a hot
> shower, and, electricity.  A great place to car camp.  one thing it DOESN'T
> have is a toilet.   Have to use the good old faithful LNT shovel.  What I'm
> looking for is a source, or just ideas, on porta-johns etc.  something that
> would allow use without the cost of installing a septic tank.   or the mess
> of  a bucket.    I've seen the self contained composting gadgets, but, they
> cost as much as a septic tank.

t, although I don't know your local codes or how well your land perks, but
with a lot of sweat you could make your own cess pool out of a 55 gallon
metal or pre-made plastic barrel for cheap and hook up a proper flushing
toilet.  It wouldn't take more than a couple days and last for years.

Don't forget to add a top (for emptying, if ever neccesary) pitch your pipes
and add a vent.  They may sell one of those "Plumbing for Dummies" books that
may help you in detail.  Like on the trail, the pit should be well away from
your water source.

BROS (bring your own shovel), you could always have a pit party!

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---