[at-l] Deer hunting on the trail

In a message dated 12/10/2001 8:34:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
daleamerica@mediaone.net writes:

> What are the regulations on hunting deer  on the trail right of way? During
> a hike from Amicalola Falls to Winding Stair Gap last week, my hikeing
> partner Little Engine from Maine and I DaleAmerica of Ga saw many hunters
> hunting very close to the trail .

This section is part of the Nantahala Game Land. I just checked my copy of
the NC Game Lands Hunting and Fishing Maps, and the AT isn't even shown on
the map. It is multi use and there are no laws restricting hunting near the
AT, nor any other trail crossing thru game lands here in NC. Anyone hunting
this area no doubt is aware of the trail, but until Dec.22, I would wear
blaze orange for sure.

msthiker
Bob Schley

multipart/alternative