[at-l] Possible Virus?

RnR wrote:
>I have received several attachment e-mails with bait questions about ATML
>from ATL recently. I don't ever open any attached e-mails from strangers,
>so I don't know what was in them. What makes me suspicious is both times I
>sent a reply telling them so and got a mailer-demon response saying no such
>address existed. So, I assume this was a trojan horse virus intended for
>me.
>
>I know very little about this sort of thing, so I can only speculate,
>however, I assume the bait questions were deliberate and not from an
>automatic virus address 'raid and send'. Therefore, I assume it was
>intentional and aimed. Or was it a real e-mail?

RnR -
I can't comment on the intentional part - but if the email addresses don't
exist, then I wouldn't rule it out either.  It's also possible that some
people on the list have a virus without knowing it - but that doesn't fit
with non-existent addresses.

Kahley has gotten a number of viruses over the years, as have others.  I got
a virus from a trusted friend last week.  So maintain your skepticism - and
get a good virus checker. Check out:
http://www.grisoft.com

It's free and it's works - I used it for a while - and probably will again.

Walk softly,
Jim